Thursday, October 20, 2011

{the day after the party}

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I woke up this morning to a home that needed to be cleaned up from the birthday celebrations from the evening before. The kids were having so much fun playing with all of the birthday decorations that I decided to let all of the piles stay a little longer before it hit the blue and the black garbage cans. Besides why should the party only last one day when I paid extra to have the balloons filled with that special stuff that makes them stay afloat a little longer. The gal at the party store told me she has never seen a latex balloon filled with the magical goo come down any sooner than 6 days. As for those big balloons...they barely made it into the car and I had to in fact make two trips just to get them home. In the meantime I really enjoyed watching the kids being entertained all day by the balloons and took it upon myself to document "the day after the party". Yesterday though I smiled when all of the kids were making the birthday sign..something about Maren spelling out "Happy Berthday". I also love how the the kids wanted to tie streamers from Dad's Jeep to our front door. They said we should make him start at the front door and have him hold onto the streamers all the way to his Jeep where he would then open the door and find all of his presents.

P.S. - I am still tempted by that last piece of sweet cream cake...even though I told all of the kids to save it for Dad.

6 comments:

Liza said...

Happy Berthday Waylon!

Laura said...

I love huge balloons! Looks like fun was had in your lair!

McMaster & Storm said...

YUM + FUN cute to boot.......
& btw I love your house on pinterest!!!!
xo
kara

angela | the painted house said...

Aren't balloons the bestest? We are big balloon believers at the parties here at tph.

I can't imagine how festive the original party was if the day after is this fun!

Banki said...

This is adorable! I like your birthday picture. Have a marvelous day.

Lorrie Wish said...

I think that these birthday images are wonderful! Thank you for sharing.