Monday, April 25, 2011

{happy} just what the doctor ordered

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had the bathing suits, clothes, toiletries, accessories and camera set out within 20 minutes to go on a little get away without the kids....which is probably why I forgot a few items but brought way too many outfits. Why is it always an ordeal to leave town when one has kids? I almost always trick myself into thinking I should not be leaving but am always happy that I did about 2 hours into any trip...and it just so turns out that this little anniversary trip was no exception. Actually I could not think of anything better that we could of given each other than a hotel room with black out curtains and no interruptions in the middle of the night. Did you even know I have a husband....well I do and we were trying so hard not to laugh at our posed picture (refer above). I told him to look like we were madly in love...and it almost worked! I should've posted the outtakes.

PS - On the way home we took a detour to Palm Springs to check it out as a possible destination spot. I have been dying to see the Parker Palm Springs so we went to check it out first hand. If you are interested I posted pictures here a while back. Anyway, I am still smiling at the fact that when we left husband commented that he thought most of the place looked like someone had raided a thrift store...that Mr. Adler. I have to note the spa was also decorated by Jonathan Adler & was so beautiful with its dark navy blue walls and its nautical & Moroccan accents. Trust me the spa did not look too dirty or stinky like a thrift store;)

PSS - Hugs not drugs

How are all of you? How was your Easter?

24 comments:

Beth said...

I freaked when I saw the picture of you posing in front of the hotel! And actually, the whole place was designed by Jonathan Adler. There used to be a show on Bravo about it, and it was hilarious to watch him visit. Happy Anniversary!

angela | the painted house said...

Awwww, so sweet! Miss C, I'm so happy that you had this romantic getaway.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Love the gorgeous pics of your get away! Mamas definitely need to take some time off from time to time!

And how do you have such great style? Seriously! I used to pay attention to what I wore, and now I just throw on jeans and a t-shirt. It's sad! Hopefully one day that will change...maybe when I'm not covered in spit up! Haha.

Love the swimsuits! (Where are they from? I'm in need of a cute one since the baby...ack.)

Unknown said...

I always love a getaway with just my hubs. you are so right, it's just what the Dr. ordered. It makes you kind of remember what it was like before kids...

susieq said...

Beautiful photos -- what a great anniversary getaway. Happy 13 years! You are radiant!

Amanda said...

an amazing mama (and wife, i'm sure) deserves a getaway with her hubby. so glad you both got to enjoy some time away, black out curtains, and no middle of the night interruptions.

p.s. you're stunning.

p.s.s. i actually love your posed picture.

Lindsey said...

These are great pictures! I am really enjoying reading your blog.

kelleyp said...

looks like an awesome weekend! also love both those bathing suits.
glad you got time away for yourselves!
kelley

StrawberryMel said...

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated 14! We didn't have quite the getaway that you did, but we were able to escape for a few hours and enjoy the beach and lunch. A break...just what the dr. ordered!!

Unknown said...

Happy 13 years anniversary! I love these white chairs! So adorable!

Maria Pinkelton said...

I swoon over the orange doors!!!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

you definitely look like you are madly in love :)

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Beauty, beauty everywhere...so, so glad you all had a romantic escapade a deux. You look every bit the young, madly in love pair.
Aaah...black out curtains...waking up naturally, with no alarm, no toddler bounding on your head...Full House Mama, you're a stunner ;)
Happy Anniversary!
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

nest of posies said...

so happy you got to get away.

don't you think sometimes you are going to lose your mind when you have to pack for the entire family? i sure do. plus i have 2 less than you do.

happy anniversary! looks like a lovely trip.

have a beautiful week!

xoxo
kellie

Ashley said...

Beautiful images! What a sweet and special romantic trip for you and your husband!

Sara said...

I stayed at the Parker last year and it was amazing! The service was fabulous and the spa was perfect! Hope you get to go back...maybe your should make it a girls weekend!

Sarah said...

happy anniversary! i must know more about that yellow swimsuit. it is gorgeous.

Laura said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Love the photos and I definitely think there needs to be an outtake post of the madly in love pose. :-)

angela hardison said...

happy belated anniversary! that photo of you guys posing is priceless. and i'm in love with that striped hat!

Unknown said...

OK - It looks like you were in Palm Springs? I'm going in June for a bachelorette - can't wait. So 1) I need to know where you got that great swimsuit and 2) since you have several of your own, any tips for fun resorty maternity wear?

Michaela said...

Wow! So cool (: What beautiful pictures, Christina!

Full House said...

Hi there friends.

Both bathing suits were purchased at Marshalls.

The yellow is a Michael Kors suit and the Ikat is a Kenneth Cole.

Thanks for all of the niceness.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info! It will definitely be toasty in june - that's why I need fun swimsuits! I'm afraid that I won't be quite preggers enough to pull off a bikini. People will just think I'm fat. So I think a tankini will be the way to go.

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary! Those are some great pics (but you always take great pics)! We are taking our kids to Palm Springs in June and are hoping to enjoy that city along with making a day trip to San Diego one day and Los Angeles another......do you have any suggestions since we have NEVER been to any of them.
Thanks - Stacey
csfish@roadrunner.com