Wednesday, July 15, 2009

kitchen floor



I am loving this kitchen right now.  It is clean modern but kept warm with the vintage table & wood flooring.....perfect.

I can't help but think about kitchens right now because our 3 year old floor started making loud noises like fireworks on 4th of July.  The floor completely buckled so we are left with a hole in the middle of our kitchen.  I just hope the kids don't trip.  What this now means is a I get a new floor and there are way too many options.  It means it will be on a budget and it means we will get to move out for a week.  Hey the bright side is a forced vacation.

Anybody love the floor that they have?  If you have wood in the kitchen has it worked out?

7 comments:

Angie said...

Yay for a new floor! We just moved into our new house and I absolutely adore our tile floor! They're porcelain tiles, for practicality, but a rectangular 12x18 for my design sensibility! I posted a bunch of photos of our new house on our blog, so come and check them out. Good luck narrowing down all the flooring choices!

Whitney said...

Oh I love my kitchen floor!!! Nothing like 50 year old linoleum! woohooo. I think would look good.

Shannon said...

I have a faux wood floor in the kitchen. It's by Shaw. WE LOVE IT. No wait. I LOVE IT. Because you use only water to clean it. Sweep and wet mop and you're done. I cannot recommend this enough....esp with little ones.
-Shannon in Austin

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Sorry about being forced into getting a new floor. That is the hard way to do the new floor.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Unknown said...

We have a wood kitchen floor and it is my favorite thing in the house, we used old barn boards made of chestnut, wide planks, with antique square head nails. It is luscious and wonderful and my favorite thing when I walk in my new kitchen. My house is from the 1800's so it fits in well, but it is so warm and wonderful, makes you want to immediately make a pot of coffee and have a cinnamon roll.

Full House said...

Ooooh Nancey that sounds so nice & cozy. Makes me want to come to your house:-)

paula said...

I am just fawning over this kitchen. We have an open floor plan with hardwoods throughout. We haven't had a problem yet and hope never, ha.